Are you struggling and don’t know how to start being a minimalist? There are a few steps for a minimalist beginner to help you create a meaningful potential minimal life.
“The word minimalism has a negative connotation to many. They believe being a minimalist means you are sacrificing things. It means you are not taking advantage of all that is available in the modern world today.”https://nosidebar.com/why-minimalism/
Like I have mentioned in my previous post that the Minimalist lifestyle is not for everyone. But we all are feeling that call — the desiring to have less, to spend less, and to need less.
Having a minimal lifestyle is not difficult, but it is also not easy. Minimalism is all about living with less, minimalism started as a style of art known for removing unnecessary elements to allow the essential elements to stand out.
Want a simplified life? I have a small How To’s to guide you to start being a minimalist easily.
- Question yourself ‘why you want to be a minimalist?‘ First simple question that every minimalist need to ask themselves ‘why?’ if the answer is ‘I want to value myself more than material things’ you got a good start now.
- Give yourself a goal After finding the answer for the first step, so now we need to set the goal together. We cannot do it without goal; we cannot achieve anything with not having a purpose. Bring a piece of paper and list your goal down organized, we can start from ‘I want to stop buying unneeded thing’ ‘I want to get rid of never been used items’ ‘I want to refocus myself’ and ‘I desire to change and make a better life.’
- Train yourself to learn to live lessIf you cannot stop buying a cute mug and end up having over 20 pieces, you must have to think why you need it that much? Later… you eventually realize that living in a one bedroom apartment with your partner does not need 20 mugs at all. I’ve also slowly donated shoes, bags, books, cups, electronics, and artwork. I thought I would regret letting go of some of these things later, but I can honestly say I don’t even remember everything that I’ve gotten rid of.
- Make yourself downsize your stuff continue from the last step; I realized that I owned several items of clothing that I hadn’t worn in months. Some of them I did not remember when did I buy it, I put all the things I don’t need it the bag, donate it or get rid of it. Not only for the clothes but most of everything. My place is unbelievable amazingly clean, with new positive vibes and refreshing.
- Push yourself keep trying and never give up It is okay not if you cannot complete everything on time as your goal set. It is okay if you cannot get rid of the gift from your best friend. This is human nature, and it takes time, remembers your inspiration and the desire of having a minimalist lifestyle. Just promise yourself to keep trying, take it slowly, and you will eventually achieve your goal one day.
As long as you follow your heart to live as a minimalist, I don’t think minimalism would be too difficult for you. Follow these steps, keep believing in yourself and never give up. I also link my pervious blog Stay Minimal: 5 Benefits Of Being A Minimalist for you guys to get more inspiration.
Please leave me the comment, I would love to know how it inspired to you ❤