As the concrete jungle has been building, this limit of space become one of a big issue for our living. And today Minimal Matters collaborate with Marlen from Relevant Creative Designs, an interior design student. She will give us the tips to create beautiful design even it is a small space!
Struggling during the design process is normal, and also doing under being a minimalist is more difficult! But believe me; actually, it is simple. You need to organize and follow step by step patiently. There are the ways that we would love to share to make your design process work smoothly! Let’s check out our tips!
- Good work always comes from a good plan Marlen’s told me at the beginning of our conversation. When you start planning to design your space, you still need to prepare before start buying the furniture. She said “ research is fundamental and it is a lifesaver! You can start from looking your inspiration, style of the rooms, and then create your color palette. It helps you make a clear visual, a clear mind and less stressful.”
- Using the right colors is the must One of the mistakes that people have made for the house design is choosing the wrong color. “Natural color can go with everything; it makes your room look bigger, cleaner and clear surface especially for the minimal style. In a minimalist home, there is not a whole bunch of knick-knacks, and not stacks of books or papers or other items.
- Furniture is not all about the appearance, but also the function Quality over quantity, instead of having a lot of stuff in your home, a minimalist would choose just a few really good things. Today, many of furniture was designed with abilities to convince people. You can quickly get 2 in 1 bed and table from Ikea by using a few spaces.
- List before you buy Always jot the list down, ask yourself what we need. You’ve decluttered your home, and you’ve made significant progress. Every time you go shopping so you will not end up getting something unnecessary and control your budget.
- Thank you to yourself Decorating the house needs time, be patient, don’t give up and enjoy it.
Positive environment in the house is beneficial. The excellent interior design totally affects our life. Because House is a comfort zone; it is a place that you can relax and release yourself.
It is easy and simple, isn’t it?!. Follow these steps, keep believing in yourself and never give up. I also link my pervious blog Stay Minimal: 5 Benefits Of Being A Minimalist for you guys to get more inspiration.
Please leave me the comment, I would love to know how it inspired to you