Cannot believe we’ve been in this journey our for months! Today I would love to show you a part of minimalist fashion, Capsule Wardrobe. A method to help you not struggle in your closet anymore.
What is the capsule wardrobe?
Think of a capsule wardrobe as the building blocks of your closet that support the foundation of your personal style. Start by investing in timeless, classic pieces that set your current fashion #mood—then add trends, color, prints and patterns for each season.Stitch Fix
How it works? According to Who What Wear explain on thier official website “In the words of Rector, a capsule wardrobe is “a mini wardrobe made up of really versatile pieces that you totally love to wear.” Each season (spring, summer, fall, and winter), you clear your closet except for a set number of pieces to be in your capsule wardrobe. Rector’s golden number is 37 items, but it varies by season. Your capsule collection is made up of a combination of items you already own and love to wear, as well as new, quality items that you can shop for once a season.”
But why? Why should we start the capsule wardrobe? For me, personally- Once I have a capsule wardrobe, I spend less time and money on clothes.
The clothes is one of what we spend our money on the most, but it is also what we always forget that we have. So let’s start from get rid of some clothes that you’ve never worn!
I found a game on Pinch of Yum, and I think it would be fun to play together!
- You are a ____ person (in my case, a food person) who cares very deeply about your thing. But that THING is not necessarily clothes.
- Even with a closet full of clothes, you end up wearing the same three shirts over and over again.
- You are known to say things like: “I have nothing to wear.” When, in fact, you have lots of things to wear, but for some reason you just don’t want to wear any of them.
- Sometimes you find pieces of clothing in the back of your closet that still have the tags on them. Woops – guess you never wore that one?
- You have been known to buy ill-fitting clothes off the clearance rack, because CLEARANCE.
- Finding the time, energy, and money to put together a perfect (and affordable) wardrobe is overwhelming, sooo you just wear one of your three regular shirts again.
- You want two things in life, really: a) to look pretty good most of the time without really having to think about it, and b) to spend the saved brain space on other things like, just as an example, MORE FOOD.
ENTER: A CAPSULE WARDROBE
Next step! I know you are asking now how to start it? It is easy!
- Prepare 37 pieces items of your clothes (different catagories)
- Wear these 37 pieces items in 3 months
- Don’t go shopping until..
- The last two weeks of the season, plan and shop for your next capsule.
- For next capsule, the amount is up to you but always remember less is more!
Buying fewer, high-quality, well-made pieces of clothing that will last years is beneficial. It is not only better for the environment, but it’s also better for your finance in the long term. I attched Capsule wardrobe Planner! from The Blissful Mind .
I hope you like the article and please let me know how you capsule wardrobe journey goes! Less Is More: Styling Guides For Minimalist Fashion my previouse blog, please check it out!